How we communicate
Each type of communication, whether it's for weather-related closures, special events, attendance, or emergencies, gets treated a little differently.
- Phone calls for attendance notifications: typically made to one phone number for each parent/guardian in non-emergency situations.
- Text messages: include all available phone contacts for the family.
- Critical emergencies: system will attempt to send a call, text, and/or email to all contacts designated within the Emergency Medical Form as either a legal guardian or living with the student.
Text message opt-in
For mobile numbers that have been entered into our student records system through Final Forms or through the school office, you may opt-in to receiving text messages. To do this simply send a text message to 67587 and type the letter Y in the body of the text.
Change or update your preferences
If you wish to change which recipient receives a particular type of communication you may edit your students' contact information by calling your child's school office.
Pioneer / CCP Student Notifications
Students in grades 11-12 are invited to subscribe to receive direct notifications for events, emergencies, and weather-related updates. Student information provided for communications will be used only for group notifications and not distributed for other purposes. Participation is completely voluntary. Students may contact the school office for notification enrollment information.
Notifications for Community Members
Community members without children presently attending in the district are encouraged to enroll in text notifications through WMFD.com for schedule and event changes.
Notification may also be broadcast through:
WQEL 92.7 FM Bucyrus
WBCO 1540 AM Bucyrus
WMFD TV 68 Mansfield
WVNO 106.1 FM Mansfield
If you would prefer not to receive phone, text, or email communications through the SchoolMessenger notification system you may unenroll your contact information through any one of the following methods:
- Email: Click the 'unsubscribe' link at the bottom of the message.
- Text: Reply STOP to 67587 from the phone on which you are receiving notification.
- Phone: Press 5 during the call to be presented with Opt-out options.
- Call the Board of Education or School Office to request removal.
Tip: You may find it helpful to have your communications preferences adjusted to ensure you still receive critical notifications instead of stopping all communications.