New residents of Galion - schedule an appointment with the Galion Schools Registrar HERE
All documentation will need to be brought to this appointment. See the requirements below.
Registration is open until August 4, 2020, to anyone k-12 currently enrolled in the Galion City Schools, current Open Enrolled students, and those wishing to Open Enroll. For more information call 419-468-3134 ext. 11012.
For Non-Residents of the Galion City School District
Applications will be accepted between March 1 and May 1 of each school year for on campus. After May 1st, special circumstances may be considered. All applications will be accepted at the discretion of the Superintendent.
Approved enrollments will be notified by mail on or before June 15th each year, with instructions to update or complete remaining school forms in Final Forms.
Galion City Schools uses Final Forms, a web-based software platform to eliminate the use of paper. This requires each student's parent/guardian to have an account in which an active email is required. If you don't have a working email, one will be provided to you during your registration appointment. Within Final Forms, you will complete all contact, emergency medical, transportation, athletic, and enrollment information.
Click Here to complete the open enrollment application. A separate application must be completed for each student.
Begins each February for the following school year.
Call the Primary School Office for more information. 419-468-4010
Verification of Income is required in addition to the Required Documentation found below. Accepted proof of income includes:
- 1040 Annual Tax Report
- Two Consecutive Pay Stubs
- Award Letters
- Child Support
- Letter from Employer
We are currently scheduling appointments for KG screening for the 2020-21 school year. Call 419-468-4010 BEFORE June 5, or call 419-468-3134 after June 5.
Screening dates are August 10th, 9:00-4:00 & August 11th, 1:00-8:00
Be prepared to bring the required documentation.
Your child’s enrollment is not considered complete until the following documentation is on file in our office and all forms within Final Forms are complete. Once this step is complete your student will be assigned a class/schedule, and transportation if needed based on the district guidelines.
All documentation should be brought to your appointment with our Central Registrar.
1. Parent's Photo ID (Driver's license, Military ID, State ID)
2. Proof of the child’s age (birth certificate, passport, attested transcript of a hospital record)
3. Proof of Residency We will accept any of the following:
- Two current utility bills in the parent’s name
A current mortgage statement + 1 current utility bill in the parent’s’ name
A Lease/rental agreement + 1 current utility bill (parent’s name and landlord’s contact information must appear on the lease)
- If your permanent residence is with another family in the district, a notarized Residency Affidavit + 2 current utility bills in homeowner’s name.
- If you are building a house in the district, the building contract, and written statement from the builder that occupancy will occur within 90 days of the first day of school in August.
4. Proof of Custody (if needed)
If the child’s parents are divorced, provide a copy of the complete court document (divorce/dissolution decree, shared parenting agreement, or other court determination of custody) including the cover page with filed/date stamp, page stating legal custodial/residential parent, and judge’s signature page (RC 3313.672 (B)(1)).
If legal custody is being established or changed, the petitioner has sixty (60) days from the date of enrollment to produce a signed Journal Entry of Judgment establishing a change in custody. In order for your child to be enrolled in Galion City Schools during this waiting period, you must provide a copy of the filed/date stamped motion petitioning the court for a change in custody, and sign an affidavit stating that a custody change is in progress. The Seeking Custody Affidavit is available below.
If someone other than the parent has been given legal guardianship or custody of the child, you must provide a copy of the court order transferring custody.
- Grandparent POA (Power of Attorney) must be filed with the court. We will NOT accept a notarized document without being filed with the court.
The general rule in Ohio is that an unmarried female who gives birth to a child is the sole residential parent and legal custodian of the child until a court issues an order designating another person as the residential parent and legal custodian (RC 3109.042). In such cases, the mother will be asked to sign an Unmarried Parent Affidavit stating that she was not married to the father and that legal custody of the child has not been assigned to either parent by the court.
5. Immunization Records View complete Immunization information HERE
Grades K-12: Current Immunization Records
Grades 7 & 12 - see related information HERE
6. School Records We will request your child’s official records from their previous school; however, it is helpful if you provide an unofficial transcript or the child’s most recent report card, and Special Education records (IEP, ETR, 504 Plan) if applicable.
Affidavits for Enrollment