Campus Wear Info
Galion City School District students in grades 3-12 are required to follow the district's Campus Wear policies and procedures. Below are links to several documents to help you understand the Campus Wear policies and procedures. If you have additional questions, please contact your child's school or call 419-468-3432.
Purpose: To encourage students to present themselves in a positive and appropriate manner that will be expected beyond high school.
Acceptable dress must be appropriately sized, fitted, and clean. NO baggy, sagging, or excessively tight clothing is permitted. Clothing that is distressed or that has rips/holes in it is not to be worn even with tights/sweats under. Clothing with profane or obscene pictures and/or lettering or which refers to alcohol, tobacco, drugs, firearms, or related material is prohibited. Judgment of an administrator in matters of dress and appearance is final. Attire cannot be altered and must conform to the following requirements:
- Permitted lower body attire must be worn around the waist.
- No denim, jean, sweat, tights, yoga pants, leggings, or windbreaker style of pants shall be worn.
- Skirts/jumpers must be of fingertip length or longer.
- Shorts must be of fingertip length or longer. Khaki (tan) or dark blue Capri style pants are allowed.
- Approved colors for all bottoms are solid color khaki (tan) or dark blue. Corduroy material in solid khaki (tan) or dark blue is acceptable.
Any combination of blue, orange, white/off white, or gray may be worn. All shirts must have sleeves. If a student chooses to wear Spirit Wear, then the following must occur:
- T-Shirts must be Galion Schools related (GHS, academics, athletics, band theater, etc.) and meet the color expectation.
If a student chooses not to wear Spirit Wear, then the following must occur:
- A white/off-white, blue, orange or gray shirt/top may be worn. Either long or short sleeves are permitted. Turtlenecks are permitted. This does not apply to shirts designed to be worn as undershirts.
- Approved colors for all sweaters, sweatshirts, fleece tops and scarfs are white/off-white, blue, orange, or gray. No hooded sweatshirts are permitted.
- Plain long sleeved white, off-white, orange, blue or gray may be worn under polo/or button front shirts. No other layering under or over approved tops.